Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Bluestreaks Woes Continue
















Hey folks: here's the story (updated)
thanks all of you for your help so far. But I'm still stuck after fixing a few things.
-Replaced ALT
-Replaced Voltage Regulator
-Replaced fusible Links
-Checked continuity on F & N wires in the plug at the ALT. Wires are good
If I connect a wire from the vertical part of the ALT to the battery, I get 13-16 volts showing on a Voltage Meter. So I know the ALT is good.
----------------
Q:Is there anyway to "check" the VR?
Q:The Girlfriend says/suspects that since the new battery has been used for the past week or so to try and start the car repeatedly, sometimes with the help of a booster pack, perhaps the batt needs to be recharged.
the batt currently only has about 8 volts in it. So when I'm running My car I've got the booster pack hooked up. But I figure that this shouldn't matter, I still should see over 13volts from the ALT.

No comments: