Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Ready, Aim, Fire!


My buddy Chris Garcia took me an Kathy to the gun range this weekend.
Never fired a real handgun before so this was really cool. Chris is going to the Police Academy in January, so he's there all the time.
So after a short intro from Chris on how to fire and load and stuff like etude, off we went. My first target was one of those circle things, with a orange square in it. I had all 15 rounds within the orange square. I was kinda surprised, but not really. I was and Expert Marksman with a M-16:A2 in the army.
The next target we put up was one of those silhouettes with the organs marked out, and it was Kathy's turn.
Her first round went through the trachea! Chris an I said...woah at the same time. Her rounds were basically kinda close together, and missed a few times, but she did way better than I thought she would.
We shot for the next hour or so, at various targets or a picture of Osama bin Laden. Point to the wise, never ask me to shoot someone in the head from 30 feet or closer cause Chris was calling out body parts on the silhouette and I was hitting them dead on. Was really fun.
Next time we're gonna try the police simulator which used a projected scenario on a screen which you can fire live rounds at. Sorry no pictures but I might scan our targets...

1 comment:

Erica / Parker said...

Wow! I always wanted to do that!