Friday, October 21, 2005

Internet Scams and General Thevery

ok, I'll finish off my car invasion story first. After I noticed all that car stuff, I though I took a good inventory. I guess not cause today I was thinking about it, and went to me car, and lo-and-behold my tools are missing too. About 300 bucks worth I think, and the tool box which was mom's.
Ok, next topic. Recently me and a buddy almost got ripped off. Not sure if he has or not yet, still checking on that.
But anyway, back to my point. The website is www.carsponsorships.com. They are posing as a Pimp my Ride site. I've contacted a few people about it. And actually this company has been reported before to the BBB and MTV/VH1
without getting into details, its a bad idea to deal with anyone over the internet that asks for money. Even eBay. Just double check anything, and if it sounds too good to be true, than stay away.
One more thing. I'm still checking on this next one, but I am selling my bass cab on Craigslist.org and got an email from a willing buyer. The short part of THIS story is if anyone offers to buy something from you and they are in NIGERIA (what someone in Nigeria is doing wanting my bass cab in NC is beyond me) DON'T DO IT I'm going thru with most of the emails, just to see what happens. But this guy has NO information of mine so I'm gonna see what happens with this "cheque" he says he mailed.
info to follow

No comments: